|Posted on October 23, 2019 at 12:40 AM|
Having some trouble figruing out what to write about or detail in your nature journal? Here's some prompts to help give you a jump-start! Come back for fresh prompts next week!
- Find five different colored leaves. Detail them in your journal.
- What kind of wild edible plants do you know of in your region, if any? Detail what you know about one in your journal.
- Be sure to try and spend 15 minutes somewhere outside with nature. What did you notice the most? Was it a particular sound, or smell? Was it a specific bug or animal? Choose the thing that stands out most to you and detail it in your journal.
- Find the nearest window and spend some time watching the outdoors through it. What did you notice? Detail it in your journal
- Happy Halloween! What kind of bug, plant, or animal do you think of most during the spooky season? Detail your choice and what you know about it in your journal.
- Take some time to observe the clouds today, even if it is completely overcast or rainy. What did you notice about the clouds? Perhaps they have a unique shape, or an interesting movement pattern? Detail your observations in your journal.
- Think back on something you observed or encountered this week, but didn't detail in your journal. Take the time to do so today.
That's it for this week, but more prompts are coming! We plan on posting a weekly list of prompts to help you get a jump start on days you just can't find the inspiration to keep up on your nature journaling. For daily posts, check out our https://www.facebook.com/childrenofterra/" target="_blank">Facebook page. While you're at it, be sure to find us on twitter and Instagram for more unique content!
For a free printable nature journal template, check out our Download Links page and look for "Free Nature Journal Printout (PDF)". This download includes both a styled version and a plain black and white version. Enjoy!