|Posted on November 25, 2019 at 11:15 AM|
- Turkey season is in full swing! Have you ever seen a wild turkey? If not, how about a farmed turkey? Detail your observations in your journal. If you have seen both wild and farmed, you may want to detail the differences you noticed between the two.
- It's rutting season for many North American deer. Have you noticed any deer exhibiting courting behaviors? Have you noticed any bark rubbed off of trees at deer height? Detail your experiences and observations in your journal
- Preparations are underway for the coming holiday meal. Is there a dish in your family or group of friends that uses native or local ingredients? See if that person is willing to share the recipe with you. Detail the recipe and what you know about the local ingredients in your journal.
- Today has a lot of fun, stress, chaos, and joy in store. Even if you pick just one thing to observe and detail today, don't forget to spend some time with nature during this hectic holiday.
- Triptophan and melatonin are two natural compounds found in the food from yesterday that made you feel sleepy. Detail what you know about these chemicals. If you don't know much, take this opportunity to research them and detail the most interesting facts about them.
- As you well know by now, 'tis the season for eating! Many animals are bulking up to stay warm during the winter months, or to enter a state of hibernation. What animals have you noticed making preparations in your area? Have you noticed any animals looking heftier than they do in the warmer times of the year?